The Generation relies on articles written by the student body for the bulk of its content. Articles must be original works by the writer. Although The Generation is affiliated with UCLA, we welcome submissions from college/university students around the globe.
- All articles must relate to foreign affairs and will ideally be between 600 and 1,000 words.
- All article topics must cross at least one border. This means they must be international in scope, rather than domestic.
- Any statistics or outside information you incorporate into your article should be cited within the article.
- Generation articles avoid news summarizing and attempt to offer a new analytical perspective on international news.
- The article should be accompanied by a photo at least 500 x 500 in size (preferably a Creative Commons photo; otherwise, please provide photo credit).
- Your article will be reviewed for grammatical and content accuracy by The Generation‘s editorial staff.
Each week, students can publish an op-ed, article, or short essay. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Foreign Policy
- Security and Conflict
- Global Health
- Environmental Change
- The International Economy
Please e-mail submissions to email@example.com.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.